GM2 is searching for a Director of Geotechnical Engineering Services. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead and grow a group of geotechnical engineers servicing internal and external clients in the New England region and beyond. This role can be based out of any of our MA, NH, RI, or CT locations.
The Director of Geotechnical Engineering Services will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of geotechnical services at GM2 including business development, growth and coordination of geotechnical services, staff development and management, and collaboration with other members of the GM2 senior management team to achieve strategic goals.
- Overall management of geotechnical services and staff, including planning, growth, profitability, cost control, professional development, scheduling, and quality control.
- Manage relations with existing clients, develop new business and clients, and prepare proposals, budgets, and scope of work for geotechnical projects.
- Recruitment, development, and mentoring of geotechnical staff to grow their technical, collaborative, and leadership skills.
- Oversee geotechnical engineering services including subsurface investigations, engineering analyses, report preparation, and construction observation to deliver timely, high quality geotechnical services to internal and external clients.
- Delegate and manage project workload and staff resources and including coordination with regional offices for additional support as necessary.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines at GM2 to provide integrated engineering services and solutions on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Participate in external professional and business development organizations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering. Master’s Degree in Geotechnical Engineering preferred.
- Extensive technical and professional knowledge in geotechnical engineering acquired through at least 15 years of progressive experience.
- Professional Engineer License in at least one New England state and the ability to obtain licensure in additional states. Existing multiple state licensure preferred (MA, NH, ME, CT, RI, VT).
- Extensive experience with interpretation of subsurface data, laboratory test results, engineering analyses, and commonly used software packages.
- Thorough understanding of codes, standards, regulations, and processes within the civil and geotechnical engineering industries.
- Demonstrated client relations and business development skills.
- Project management experience commensurate with years of experience including management of subcontractors and project financials.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team of engineering staff.
- High level of attention to detail, multi-tasking, and management of priorities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills including technical writing and presentations to engineering and non-engineering audiences.
- Knowledge and experience with risk management and loss prevention as they relate to geotechnical engineering.
- A valid US driver’s license and the ability and desire to travel for field work, site visits, and interoffice collaboration, training, and education.