GM2 is hiring bridge safety inspection team leaders and inspectors. The team leader position will assist in directing the work of team members and coordination with clients along with performing inspection.
- Conducts safety inspections of bridges and tunnels and prepares written reports of the conditions of the structures.
- Performs or leads in-depth inspections using non-destructive testing methods, mechanized access equipment and/or climbing gear.
- Performs post-incident bridge inspections to determine severity of damage and recommends appropriate actions with regard to bridge closures and detours.
- Coordinates with bridge owners and other agencies on inspection schedules, traffic control, railroad access, navigational channels, etc.
- Performs lead worker responsibilities, which may include providing general instruction assigning and reviewing work, coaching and training, providing guidance and instruction in the proper and most efficient methods of accomplishing tasks, and providing input to the direct supervisor on staffing decisions and performance management.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Highly motivated and independent with strong work ethic
- Ability and experience to lead the work of others, communicate and maintain proper working relationships
- Currently qualify for National Bride Inspection Standards (NBIS) as a bridge or tunnel inspection team leader
- Completed comprehensive training course based on the FHWA Bridge Inspector's Reference Manual (BIRM) (NHI Course 130055) and be currently with refresher requirements
- Possess knowledge of bridge inspection methods and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have experience with reporting procedures
- Must be able, and willing, to travel on short notice
- Must have the physical abilities to traverse steep embankments, work within confined spaces, perform inspections while climbing structures
- Physically fit, capable of lifting and carrying 50lbs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation
- Sound, ethical character
- Pass pre-employment substance abuse screening, background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Currently approved as a DOT Inspection Team Leader (MA, CT or RI)
- Additional NHI coursework (fracture critical, tunnel inspection, ancillary structures, etc.)
- NDT certification
- SPRAT level 1 or higher