Hydraulic/Hydrology/Drainage EngineerLocation: Glastonbury, CT
GM2 seeks a Hydraulic/Hydrology/Drainage Project Engineer with the following desired skills and experience:
- 7-10 years of varied professional experience with a focus in the field of highway, bridge and roadway design on municipal, state and other state agency infrastructure projects
- CT PE license required
- Connecticut DOT prequalified Hydraulic Engineer
- Bachelor of Science (BSCE) in Civil Engineering; Master’s Degree Preferred
- Working knowledge of CTDOT Design Manual standards, specifications, and procedures
- Working knowledge of CTDOT Drainage Manual
- Strong sense of organization, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Ability to present project analysis
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
- Design of water resources engineering project elements including hydrology/hydraulic studies, hydraulic models, and soil erosion & sediment control measures.
- Design highway drainage systems, including, but not limited to closed drainage systems, culverts, bridge deck drainage and roadside ditches.
- Design and analyze stormwater management facilities.
- Develop and oversee plans, specifications, and technical reports and ensure complete, accurate work, in accordance with good engineering practice.
- Develop technical resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigation or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Manages and/or assists in the design review process and permitting through outside agencies.
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects.