Civil and Structural Engineers – CT, NH and RI Office Locations
Senior Engineer: This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and capable of serving as a key technical resource on all types of challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be able to guide and mentor junior engineering staff. We are seeking individuals in:
Civil/Roadway: Typical work assignments will encompass taking the lead in formulating general civil designs, including designs for highways or other roadways; planning site development; performing drainage analysis; planning construction staging and MPT schemes for municipal and state transportation projects.
Structural/Bridge: We are seeking an individual who can lead the design of our bridge projects while also providing day-to-day leadership and technical expertise to the junior bridge staff. The candidate must have expertise in the design, analysis and constructability of bridges ranging in complexity from culverts to highway interchange structures using steel and reinforced and prestressed concrete.
Junior Engineer: This position requires an energetic, competent, self-starting young engineer looking to apply skills and knowledge to challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be interested in working as a member of a team of engineering professionals in a dynamic environment. We are seeking engineers in civil/roadway, structural/bridge and construction engineering/inspection disciplines. Responsibilities include:
Preparing design calculations, engineering details, conceptual plans and quantity take-offs.
Assisting in the preparation of reports and technical feasibility studies.
Assisting in the preparation of construction documents including contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering.
- CT, NH and/or RI PE License or the ability to obtain such within 6 months of hire.
- 5 years of experience with design of transportation-related facilities, with an emphasis in civil or bridge design.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, FHWA and CTDOT/RIDOT policies and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microstation and/or InRoads; familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering or construction-related field experience.
- EIT, or ability to obtain EIT within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong writing and speaking skills and willingness to work in a team environment.