GM2 offers career paths for individuals who are drawn to an energetic, team environment. GM2 is interested in hiring enthusiastic talent that looks beyond the obvious, is self-motivated, have strong written and oral communication skills, and a desire to grow personally.
GM2 offers prospective employees opportunities to grow and prosper within a dynamic company. Whether you’re an experienced professional or recent graduate, you’ll collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders and work on challenging projects that transform communities and how we travel.
GM2 is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that is committed to diversity within the workforce. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, personal time off, professional training and internal mentoring.
We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age or military status.
There are 4 jobs available.
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior LevelExpand for More
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior Level
GM2’s Glastonbury, CT office is hiring construction inspectors, entry to senior level, for high-profile, multi-year, complex DOT highway project. A thorough understanding of the CTDOT construction process is required and a working knowledge of the CTDOT Five-Volume Standard System of record keeping including DWRs, CON-40, etc. and Site Manger experience, is desired. Good writing, computer and mathematical skills are essential for these positions as well as the ability to maintain field and office records, perform complex quantity and engineering computations, to read and interpret plans and specifications, and to deal effectively with people.
Licensing/certifications desired include: CT PE, CCM, NACE CIP Level 3 or SSPC – BCI Level 2, NACE CIP Level 2 or SSPC – BCI Level 1, NETTCP certified Concrete Inspector (CI), NETTCP certified HMA Paving Inspector (HMAPI), AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor, ACI Field Testing Technician – Grade I.
- Construction Inspector: 1-2 years of experience required and BSCE or NICET 2 Highway Construction required. Considerable knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Entry Level Inspector: 0-1 year of experience and BSCE or NICET 1 Highway Construction required. Some knowledge of construction materials and methods.
Civil and Structural Engineers – CT, NH and RI Office LocationsExpand for More
Senior Engineer: This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual capable of serving as a key technical resource on all types of challenging transportation projects. This individual must be able to guide and mentor junior engineering staff. We are seeking individuals in:
- Civil/Roadway: Typical work assignments will encompass leading general civil designs, including roadway/highway, site development, drainage analysis, development of construction staging and MPT schemes for municipal and state transportation projects.
- Structural/Bridge: We are seeking an individual who can lead the design of our bridge projects while also providing day-to-day leadership and technical expertise to the junior bridge staff. An expertise in the design, analysis and constructability of bridges ranging in complexity from culverts to highway interchange structures utilizing steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete is required.
Junior Engineer: This position requires an energetic, competent, self-starting young engineer looking to apply skills and knowledge on challenging transportation projects throughout the state. This individual must be interested in working in a dynamic environment amongst a team of engineering professionals who will develop and kick start your career. We are seeking individuals in civil/roadway, structural/bridge and construction engineering/inspection disciplines. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing design calculations, engineering details, conceptual plans and quantity take-offs.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and technical feasibility studies.
- Assisting in the preparation of construction documents including contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering required.
- CT, NH and/or RI PE License or the ability to obtain such within 6 months required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience encompassing the design of transportation related facilities with an emphasis in civil and/or bridge design.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, FHWA and CTDOT/RIDOT policies and procedures preferred.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of Microstation and/or InRoads; AutoCAD familiarity desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering or construction related field required.
- EIT or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required; Microstation and/or AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.
Assistant Team Leader (Bridge Inspection)Expand for More
Assistant Team Leaders to perform National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) bridge inspection and load ratings. The successful candidate will primarily conduct bridge inspections, prepare field inspection reports and perform load ratings. Also, operate personnel lift equipment, climb ladders, install traffic control devices and undertake other tasks in support of inspection activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: reviewing previous inspection reports and record data available; performing field inspection work and compiling reports; receiving direction from the Project Manager and other senior staff; and technical compliance.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering
- EIT preferred
- 0-3 years of experience in bridge inspection, design or analysis
- Experience in Microsoft Office and Auto CAD/MicroStation
- CTDOT and/or RIDOT experience is a plus
- Completion of the 2-week NHI Bridge Safety Inspection Course preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Marketing AssistantExpand for More
Individual with A/E/C industry experience to assist in drafting proposals, presentations and reports; maintain marketing database, provide project and client research; develop graphics, attend career fairs, and assist with a variety of other miscellaneous projects. This is a full-time position that will require travel within state and on occasion out of state.
- Ability to write, be well versed in MS Office programs, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Have a familiarity with Deltek and website updating
- 1-3 years of A/E/C industry knowledge
- Ability to communicate and be adaptable to ever changing needs and shifts in priority
- Reliable vehicle