GM2 offers career paths for individuals enthused by the prospect of working in an energetic team environment. GM2 seeks talented, self-motivated candidates who have strong writing and speaking skills, who want to grow as people, and who can look beyond the obvious.
GM2 offers prospective employees an opportunity to grow and prosper within a dynamic company. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just a recent engineering school graduate, you’ll be able to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders on challenging projects that transform our travelways and the communities that they serve.
GM2 is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) committed to workforce diversity. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, personal time off, and professional training, including internal mentoring.
We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of race, color, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
There are 6 jobs available.
Civil and Structural Engineers – CT, NH and RI Office LocationsExpand for More
Senior Engineer: This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and capable of serving as a key technical resource on all types of challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be able to guide and mentor junior engineering staff. We are seeking individuals in:
Civil/Roadway: Typical work assignments will encompass taking the lead in formulating general civil designs, including designs for highways or other roadways; planning site development; performing drainage analysis; planning construction staging and MPT schemes for municipal and state transportation projects. We are looking for someone efficient in Quality Assurance for a complex railroad project.
Structural/Bridge: We are seeking an individual who can lead the design of our bridge projects while also providing day-to-day leadership and technical expertise to the junior bridge staff. The candidate must have expertise in the design, analysis and constructability of bridges ranging in complexity from culverts to highway interchange structures using steel and reinforced and prestressed concrete.
Junior Engineer: This position requires an energetic, competent, self-starting young engineer looking to apply skills and knowledge to challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be interested in working as a member of a team of engineering professionals in a dynamic environment. We are seeking engineers in civil/roadway, structural/bridge and construction engineering/inspection disciplines. Responsibilities include:
Preparing design calculations, engineering details, conceptual plans and quantity take-offs.
Assisting in the preparation of reports and technical feasibility studies.
Assisting in the preparation of construction documents including contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering.
- CT, NH and/or RI PE License or the ability to obtain such within 6 months of hire.
- 5 years of experience with design of transportation-related facilities, with an emphasis in civil or bridge design.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, FHWA and CTDOT/RIDOT policies and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microstation and/or InRoads; familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- Previous Inspection work, ACI, NETTCP & EIT Certification Preferred.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering or construction-related field experience.
- EIT, or ability to obtain EIT within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong writing and speaking skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior LevelExpand for More
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior Level
GM2’s Glastonbury, CT office is hiring construction inspectors, entry to senior level, for high-profile, multi-year, complex DOT highway project. A thorough understanding of the CTDOT construction process is required and a working knowledge of the CTDOT Five-Volume Standard System of record keeping including DWRs, CON-40, etc. and Site Manger experience, is desired. Good writing, computer and mathematical skills are essential for these positions as well as the ability to maintain field and office records, perform complex quantity and engineering computations, to read and interpret plans and specifications, and to deal effectively with people.
Licensing/certifications desired include: CT PE, CCM, NACE CIP Level 3 or SSPC – BCI Level 2, NACE CIP Level 2 or SSPC – BCI Level 1, NETTCP certified Concrete Inspector (CI), NETTCP certified HMA Paving Inspector (HMAPI), AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor, ACI Field Testing Technician – Grade I.
- Construction Inspector: 1-2 years of experience required and BSCE or NICET 2 Highway Construction required. Considerable knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Entry Level Inspector: 0-1 year of experience and BSCE or NICET 1 Highway Construction required. Some knowledge of construction materials and methods.
Team Leader (Bridge Inspection)Expand for More
Position Overview: Will serve as a team leader for bridge inspections, assist in directing the work of team members and coordinating with clients.
Conducts safety inspections of assigned bridges and prepares written reports of the conditions of the structures.
Performs or leads in-depth inspections using non-destructive testing methods, mechanized access equipment and/or climbing gear.
Performs post-incident bridge inspections to determine severity of damage and recommends appropriate actions with regard to bridge closures and detours.
Coordinates with bridge owners and other agencies on inspection schedules, traffic control, railroad access, navigational channels, etc.
Performs lead worker responsibilities, which may include providing general instruction assigning and reviewing work, coaching and training, providing guidance and instruction in the proper and most efficient methods of accomplishing tasks, and providing input to the direct supervisor on staffing decisions and performance management.
Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Highly motivated and independent with strong work ethic
- Ability and experience to lead the work of others, communicate and maintain proper working relationships
- Currently qualify under National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) as a bridge inspection team leader
- Completed comprehensive training course based on the FHWA Bridge Inspector’s Reference Manual (BIRM) (NHI Course 130055) and be current with refresher requirements
- Possess knowledge of bridge inspection methods and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have experience with reporting procedures.
- Must be able, and willing, to travel on short notice.
- Must have the physical abilities to traverse steep embankments, work within confined spaces, perform inspections while climbing structures.
- Physically fit, capable of lifting and carrying 75 lbs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Bentley MicroStation
- Sound, ethical character
- Pass pre-employment substance abuse screening, background screening including previous employment, education, criminal history, and driving record verification
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Currently approved as a DOT Team Leader (CT and RI)
- Additional NHI coursework (fracture critical, etc.)
- NDT certification
- SPRAT level 1 or higher
Assistant Team Leader (Bridge Inspection)Expand for More
Assistant Team Leaders to perform National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) bridge inspection and load ratings. The successful candidate will primarily conduct bridge inspections, prepare field inspection reports, and perform load ratings. Will also operate personnel lift equipment, climb ladders, install traffic control devices, and undertake other tasks in support of inspection activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: reviewing previous inspection reports and available record data; performing field inspections and compiling related reports; taking direction from the Project Manager and other senior staff; and ensuring technical compliance.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
- EIT is preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in bridge inspection, design or analysis.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Auto CAD/MicroStation.
- CTDOT or RIDOT experience is desirable.
- Completion of the 2-week NHI Bridge Safety Inspection Course is desirable.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Survey TechnicianExpand for More
GM2 Associates, Inc., an established comprehensive engineering design firm is seeking to hire a survey technician for a full-time position. The applicant should be familiar with boundary and topographic surveys, construction stakeout, Right-of- Way surveys, use of GPS and robotic instruments, and the ability to work as a one-person crew. Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is required. Some out of state travel for survey projects is possible. A valid driver’s license is required. Medical Insurance, 401(k), Life Insurance including Short & Long-Term Disability and AD&D coverage, and paid PTO. GM2 Associates, Inc. is a CT based EOE providing services throughout the Northeast via its CT, NH, RI and MA locations
8 years of experience is preferred.
Experienced Survey Party ChiefJob Type: SurveyLocation: Amesbury, MA
GM2 Associates, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Survey Party Chief. The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of projects throughout Massachusetts and Southern New Hampshire.
Employment type: Full Time Hourly Employee
Benefits Include: Health Insurance, Vision, Dental
PTO (vacation & sick pay), holiday pay and 401K savings plan
Responsibilities include performing boundary surveys, existing conditions/topographic surveys, construction layout, ALTA surveys and as-built surveys.
This position requires excellent knowledge of field operations utilizing total station, data collector, levels and GPS equipment. Additional requirements include a working knowledge of Autodesk 3D, the ability to prepare plans and perform calculations 3-5 years of field experience is required along with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Candidates should have good leadership and communication skills with peers and clients. College degree S.I.T. required. Must be willing/able to travel and willing to work in an office setting.