GM2 offers career paths for individuals enthused by the prospect of working in an energetic team environment. GM2 seeks talented, self-motivated candidates who have strong writing and speaking skills, who want to grow as people, and who can look beyond the obvious.
GM2 offers prospective employees an opportunity to grow and prosper within a dynamic company. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just a recent engineering school graduate, you’ll be able to collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders on challenging projects that transform our travelways and the communities that they serve.
GM2 is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) committed to workforce diversity. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, personal time off, and professional training, including internal mentoring.
We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee, because of race, color, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
There are 5 jobs available.
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior LevelExpand for More
Construction Inspectors – Entry to Senior Level
GM2’s Glastonbury, CT office is hiring construction inspectors, entry to senior level, for high-profile, multi-year, complex DOT highway project. A thorough understanding of the CTDOT construction process is required and a working knowledge of the CTDOT Five-Volume Standard System of record keeping including DWRs, CON-40, etc. and Site Manger experience, is desired. Good writing, computer and mathematical skills are essential for these positions as well as the ability to maintain field and office records, perform complex quantity and engineering computations, to read and interpret plans and specifications, and to deal effectively with people.
Licensing/certifications desired include: CT PE, CCM, NACE CIP Level 3 or SSPC – BCI Level 2, NACE CIP Level 2 or SSPC – BCI Level 1, NETTCP certified Concrete Inspector (CI), NETTCP certified HMA Paving Inspector (HMAPI), AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), ATSSA Traffic Control Supervisor, ACI Field Testing Technician – Grade I.
- Construction Inspector: 1-2 years of experience required and BSCE or NICET 2 Highway Construction required. Considerable knowledge of construction materials and methods.
- Entry Level Inspector: 0-1 year of experience and BSCE or NICET 1 Highway Construction required. Some knowledge of construction materials and methods.
Civil and Structural Engineers – CT, NH and RI Office LocationsExpand for More
Senior Engineer: This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and capable of serving as a key technical resource on all types of challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be able to guide and mentor junior engineering staff. We are seeking individuals in:
Civil/Roadway: Typical work assignments will encompass taking the lead in formulating general civil designs, including designs for highways or other roadways; planning site development; performing drainage analysis; planning construction staging and MPT schemes for municipal and state transportation projects.
Structural/Bridge: We are seeking an individual who can lead the design of our bridge projects while also providing day-to-day leadership and technical expertise to the junior bridge staff. The candidate must have expertise in the design, analysis and constructability of bridges ranging in complexity from culverts to highway interchange structures using steel and reinforced and prestressed concrete.
Junior Engineer: This position requires an energetic, competent, self-starting young engineer looking to apply skills and knowledge to challenging transportation projects. The candidate must be interested in working as a member of a team of engineering professionals in a dynamic environment. We are seeking engineers in civil/roadway, structural/bridge and construction engineering/inspection disciplines. Responsibilities include:
Preparing design calculations, engineering details, conceptual plans and quantity take-offs.
Assisting in the preparation of reports and technical feasibility studies.
Assisting in the preparation of construction documents including contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering.
- CT, NH and/or RI PE License or the ability to obtain such within 6 months of hire.
- 5 years of experience with design of transportation-related facilities, with an emphasis in civil or bridge design.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, FHWA and CTDOT/RIDOT policies and procedures preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microstation and/or InRoads; familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable.
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering or construction-related field experience.
- EIT, or ability to obtain EIT within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Strong writing and speaking skills and willingness to work in a team environment.
Assistant Team Leader (Bridge Inspection)Expand for More
Assistant Team Leaders to perform National Bridge Inspection Standards (NBIS) bridge inspection and load ratings. The successful candidate will primarily conduct bridge inspections, prepare field inspection reports, and perform load ratings. Will also operate personnel lift equipment, climb ladders, install traffic control devices, and undertake other tasks in support of inspection activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: reviewing previous inspection reports and available record data; performing field inspections and compiling related reports; taking direction from the Project Manager and other senior staff; and ensuring technical compliance.
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
- EIT is preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience in bridge inspection, design or analysis.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Auto CAD/MicroStation.
- CTDOT or RIDOT experience is desirable.
- Completion of the 2-week NHI Bridge Safety Inspection Course is desirable.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Marketing AssistantExpand for More
Individual with A/E/C industry experience to assist in drafting project proposals, presentations and reports; maintaining a marketing database; providing project and client research; developing graphics; attending career fairs; and assisting with a variety of other activities. This is a full-time position requiring travel within and, on occasion, outside of Connecticut.
- Writing ability and proficiency with MS Office programs, Adobe InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with Deltek and website updating.
- 1-3 years of A/E/C industry knowledge.
- Ability to communicate and adaptability to changing needs and priorities.
- Reliable vehicle.
Survey TechnicianExpand for More
GM2 Associates, Inc., an established comprehensive engineering design firm is seeking to hire a survey technician for a full-time position. The applicant should be familiar with boundary and topographic surveys, construction stakeout, Right-of- Way surveys, use of GPS and robotic instruments, and the ability to work as a one-person crew. Proficiency with Microstation and/or AutoCAD is required. Some out of state travel for survey projects is possible. A valid driver’s license is required. Medical Insurance, 401(k), Life Insurance including Short & Long-Term Disability and AD&D coverage, and paid PTO. GM2 Associates, Inc. is a CT based EOE providing services throughout the Northeast via its CT, NH, RI and MA locations
8 years of experience is preferred.