Civil and Structural Engineers – CT, NH and RI Office Locations
Senior Engineer: This position requires strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills. The candidate must be an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual capable of serving as a key technical resource on all types of challenging transportation projects. This individual must be able to guide and mentor junior engineering staff. We are seeking individuals in:
- Civil/Roadway: Typical work assignments will encompass leading general civil designs, including roadway/highway, site development, drainage analysis, development of construction staging and MPT schemes for municipal and state transportation projects.
- Structural/Bridge: We are seeking an individual who can lead the design of our bridge projects while also providing day-to-day leadership and technical expertise to the junior bridge staff. An expertise in the design, analysis and constructability of bridges ranging in complexity from culverts to highway interchange structures utilizing steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete is required.
Junior Engineer: This position requires an energetic, competent, self-starting young engineer looking to apply skills and knowledge on challenging transportation projects throughout the state. This individual must be interested in working in a dynamic environment amongst a team of engineering professionals who will develop and kick start your career. We are seeking individuals in civil/roadway, structural/bridge and construction engineering/inspection disciplines. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing design calculations, engineering details, conceptual plans and quantity take-offs.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and technical feasibility studies.
- Assisting in the preparation of construction documents including contract plans, specifications and construction cost estimates.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering required.
- CT, NH and/or RI PE License or the ability to obtain such within 6 months required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience encompassing the design of transportation related facilities with an emphasis in civil and/or bridge design.
- Familiarity with AASHTO, FHWA and CTDOT/RIDOT policies and procedures preferred.
- Candidates should have working knowledge of Microstation and/or InRoads; AutoCAD familiarity desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- B.S. Civil or Structural Engineering or construction related field required.
- EIT or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite required; Microstation and/or AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and willing to work in a team environment.